default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Fabrication

Moderator: JC Denton

Cult Fabrication

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Sep 2026 00:53

Image

Fabrication was introduced earlier this year and it's great, but the fabricated items reverted to base versions after patches so there was no point engaging with the system, until now.

Now fabrication bonuses for both FPS gear and vehicle components are supposed to persist across patches. However the system is buggy and some items still get lost or lose their stats. Note also that there is a bug where mousing over an item shows base stats but equipping it fixes it.

So you can start getting into fabrication now, or you can wait a few patches until the system gets more robust and losses to bugs become rarer. It's your choice.

Either way, use this thread to report cool stuff you've made, both for your own use and for giving to other orgmates or selling in the dark market. You can report everything, or nothing, or only very high-quality items you're especially proud of. Whatever you want.

Fabrication and mining tips should be posted in the professions' respective threads.
User avatar
icycalm
Hyperborean
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2006 00:08
Location: Tenerife, Canary Islands

Re: Cult Fabrication

Unread postby Discord BOT » 03 Oct 2026 19:20

CULT|shubn
Got some 957Q taranite.

CULT|icycalm
Enough to make what? And roughly how long did it take you to find it?
Can we stash it and save it through patches?

CULT|shubn
You can make a bunch of items with it, but most require multiple materials. Right now I've been looking at the Atzkav sniper rifle, and I have 900Q+ taranite, dolivine and hadanite for it, and maybe 800Q+ copper. I'm looking for 900Q+ copper right now.
I should I have 0.6 SCU of 957Q taranite, and most items need 0.04 to 0.06 SCU I think.
If you go here and select "taranite" in "material" all the way down on the left, it will list items you can fabricate with it: https://scmdb.net/?page=fab
Hard to say how long it took to find it since I was not necessarily always looking for taranite, and maybe I found some earlier that I couldn't crack (needed a fully-crewed MOLE), but maybe 10-15 hours.
Last I heard, commodities weren't saved to LTP, so I'll have to fabricate everything I can before 4.11.

CULT|icycalm
Interesting... Keep us posted.
Originally posted in The Cult Discord.

The Cult Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
User avatar
Discord BOT
 
Joined: 13 Dec 2018 17:33

Re: Cult Fabrication

Unread postby Discord BOT » 04 Oct 2026 16:16

CULT|shubn
Brought back refined ore and gems home.
If you click the "Affordable" button in the fabricator it shows you what you can fabricate with the materials you currently have.

Image

This is the Atzkav I can make with what I have.

Image

CULT|icycalm
Completely blows out Rust's crafting system in complexity. That said, it's lacking the tech tree to power it, which is of course a massive drawback.

CULT|shubn
I can make at least 6 like this (6 is the max I can make in one go).

CULT|icycalm
Wow that's a whole squad.
And they all appear neatly in the tray?

CULT|shubn
Yeah. Haven't made them, but when I fabricated the thrusters for the event, they did appear in the tray when I selected "deliver to: machine grid".
If you select "location inventory" instead, they go straight to the inventory.

CULT|icycalm
What would be cool for our purposes is if you could make blue rifles that could only be used by your faction.
So that each of our leaders would have to make his own.
Would be a great way to differentiate them, among other ways (like fleets etc.)

CULT|shubn
I can also make the Custodian "Scorched".

Image

Demeco "Purgatory Camo".

Image

And of course the super cool Atzkav "Mirage".

Image

Plus the base Gallant.

CULT|icycalm
We need to put some thought into all this.
OR we can delegate the thought to the leaders.
At the end of the day, what you can make depends on the BPs you've collected.

CULT|Adjudicator
I followed shubn to microTech and mined small deposits with the ATLS GEO. The quality level is all over the place, but even the low-quality ones might have other uses instead of just selling for aUEC.

Image

Interesting that the Atzkav special colour schemes use the exact same materials as the normal Atzkav. Perhaps in the future, weapon aesthetics and ship liveries will have their own additional material and procedure applied to the item to change its colours.
Originally posted in The Cult Discord.

The Cult Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
User avatar
Discord BOT
 
Joined: 13 Dec 2018 17:33

Cult Fabrication Policy

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Oct 2026 16:30

So here's my preliminary fabrication policy.

Every Commander and Supreme Commander builds his own arsenal. shubn should worry about no other arsenal than his own. The blue stuff is of course his, but also neutral color schemes like black and grey, plus of course his silver/gold personal gear.

Everyone who sets their home location in a Commander's or Supreme Commander's jurisdiction is expected to help them with blueprint acquisition, mining, and fabrication (or whatever the leader is focusing on at any given time). And if they change their home, they switch leader.

Exchange of resources between leaders is possible, but make sure you give something worthwhile back, something the other leader needs. For example maybe you earn enough credits via your favorite profession to buy something in the shops or in the dark market that the other leader needs in exchange for fabrication materials or a finished product.

Ideally I would also like to treat the blueprints this way too: i.e. every time shubn fabricates something for you because you yourself lack the BP, you have to pay him something, even if the materials are yours. BUT this may be too steep a requirement right now, so for now let's skip this and treat BPs as communal. So shubn will fabricate whatever you want him to for free as long as you provide the materials (or buy them from him).

The exchange rates should be based on market rates. Meaning don't do sham exchanges for 20 aUEC, take it seriously. If you want shubn to make your favorite weapon at 900Q for you, make it worth his while. It can be at a reasonable, even somewhat below-market-rate, but it can't be bullshit. And log the exchanges on Discord in the channel where the exchange takes place. Even better we can make a thread for internal trading.

All this might make it seem as if I am trying to force people to spend hundreds of hours mining. Or, later on, when we force even personalized BP collection, thousands of hours collecting BPs. But that's not what I am doing. Even if I wanted it, it wouldn't work. People will play as long as they want and do whatever they want. You can't force them to do anything. All I am trying to do is give extra jobs and responsibilities to every Cult Rank, with increased emphasis on the higher ones. I am essentially game designing.

It is perfectly possible to run your planet or system with base 500Q gear. Perhaps you want to place your emphasis elsewhere than gear quality. Perhaps you have other assets to bring to the table, like a specific fleet for example, or specific play style, with emphasis in aspects other than fabrication. At the end of the day you can acquire credits via any profession and just buy your gear on the internal or external market. When construction comes in, I can definitely see some people focusing on that and simply not having time for fabrication. So then players can choose to align with a leader who focuses on construction, while others on someone who prefers fabrication, etc.

Ultimately my administration system is built with scale in mind. It would shine if we had half a dozen leaders and a few dozen players. As it stands, we just lack the manpower to really bring out the beauty in my system. But I am building it with scale in mind anyway. Maybe if we build it, they will come?

Let me know any thoughts you might have. Otherwise this is our T0 Cult Fabrication Policy.
User avatar
icycalm
Hyperborean
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2006 00:08
Location: Tenerife, Canary Islands


Return to Cult Citizen